At least one organized event per week is included in your program fee. We will vary the events to cover a variety of preferences. We will fine-tune as we go to ensure you are getting what you want out of the experience. Naturally, attendence is optional so you can participate as much or little as you like.
Below is a sample of what was planned for Costa Rica:
* A biologist lead visit to the turtle nesting grounds
* Learning to cook like a Tico
* Snorkeling about Capitan Island
* Drinks and dancing on the beach under the light of the moon
* Exploring the estuary and learning about its ecology
* Making chocolate bars with a local cacao farmer
* Tasting some killer Costa Rican coffee
* Watching the whales teach their calves to breach from your balcony
Anyone from anywhere in the world that is over age 18.
You aren't required to be retired or even semi-retired - all stages of life are welcome! However, please understand our program is tailored for mid-lifers.....if you are a millennial, this may not be the program you are looking for.
If you are not sure, let's talk about your situation and we will give you our honest opinion about whether or not our program is for you.
The program fee for future destinations will be announced the day that reservations begin to be accepted. The program fee for future destinations is expected to be between $2,000 and $2,500 per month per person. Prices are in US dollars.
We LOVE our alumni so we offer a 10% discount on future destinations to any person that has traveled with us before!!
When multiple couples share an accommodation, a per-person discount of 5-15% will be provided depending upon the destination. Yes, BFF couples are always welcome!
We don't believe in single supplements. You may have a house mate but you won’t have an outrageous single supplement.
4 star accommodations in safe, quality neighborhoods:
• Private accommodation for each couple - typically with 2 bedrooms & 2 baths so you have room for visitors, please refer to our visitor policy
• Singles will share an accommodation with a house mate but are guaranteed a private bedroom (the bathroom may be shared with another)
• Internet suitable for at least browsing and email
• Living or common area
Transit between the airport and accommodation on the designated arrival/departure days
Weekly community events such as dinners, sight seeing, cooking classes, cultural events, beach days, hikes, movies, etc.
Opportunities to assist local charities
An Program Manager to help guide you through your adventure
Visitors can stay in your accommodations for a maximum of 14 nights (fees may apply)
Miscellaneous activities and events from time to time
Transportation to and from the destination
Transit to and from the accommodation outside of the designated arrival/departure days
Visas and permits
Medical expenses and immunizations
Personal expenses such as food and beverage, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
Any other items not specifically noted as included
We have a limited number of spots for each destination. Those spots are given to participants in the following order of preference:
1. People who are currently traveling with us
2. Alumni who have traveled with us in the past
3. New participants only after our current and prior participants have an opportunity to sign up.
A 50% deposit is required to secure your reservation.
The balance of the program fee is due 60 days prior to arrival.
As a participant is committing to the entire duration of our visit to a particular destinaton, the program fee is not prorated.
If you must cancel your reservation, we will refund your deposit, less the following fees:
Days Prior to Start Date Cancellation Fee Per Person
91+ days $500
61-90 days $1,000
46-60 days 50% of program fee
31-45 days 75% of program fee
0-30 days 100% of program fee
When you cancel, we must ask you to notify us in writing. Exceptions to these policies cannot be made for any reason.
We are also happy to assist you in transferring from one destination to another within 12 months up to 70 days prior to the start date at no charge, after which our cancellation policy applies.
Roaming Expat Retirement reserves the right to cancel a trip for any reason.