At least one organized event per weeking is included in your program fee. We will vary the events to cover a variety of preferences. We have compiled a tentive list of events but we will fine-tune as we go to ensure you are getting what you want out of the experience. Naturally, attendence is optional so you can participate as much or little as you like.
* A biologist lead visit to the turtle nesting grounds
* Learning to cook like a Tico
* Snorkeling about Capitan Island
* Drinks and dancing on the beach under the light of the moon
* Exploring the estuary and learning about its ecology
* Making chocolate bars with a local cacao farmer
* Tasting some killer Costa Rican coffee
* Watching the whales teach their calves to breach from your balcony
An enrollment fee of $1,500 per-person gets you lifetime access to the program. You will never be asked to pay another enrollment fee.
The program fee for each location of approximately $6,000 per person is due in three equal installments. The program fee may fluctuate up or down by destination but not more than 10%.
When multiple couples share an accommodation, a per-person discount of 5-15% will be provided. Yes, BFFs are always welcome!
We don't believe in single supplements. You may have a house mate but you won’t have an outrageous single supplement.
4 star accommodations in safe, quality neighborhoods:
• Private accommodation for each couple
• Singles will share an accommodation with a house mate but are guaranteed a private bedroom (the bathroom may be shared with another)
• Internet suitable for at least browsing and email
• Living or common area
Transit between the airport and accommodation on the designated arrival/departure days
Weekly community events such as dinners, sight seeing, cooking classes, cultural events, beach days, hikes, movies, etc.
Opportunities to assist local charities
A SIM Card for those who opt in
An onsite Program Manager to help guide you through your adventure
Visitors can stay in your accommodations for a maximum of 14 nights of any 30 day period (fees will apply)
Miscellaneous activities and events from time to time
Transportation to and from the destination
Transit to and from the accommodation outside of the designated arrival/departure days
Visas and permits
Medical expenses and immunizations
Personal expenses such as food and beverage, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
Any other items not specifically noted as included
We have a limited number of spots for each destination. Those spots are given to participants in the following order of preference:
1. People who are currently traveling with us
2. Alumni who have traveled with us in the past
3. New participants only after our current and prior participants have an opportunity to sign up.
Our payment structure is designed to break the program cost into three monthly payments that are more feasible and sustainable for participants.
Our billing cycle is the calendar month regardless of the actual entry and exit dates.
We will be staying 90 days (89 nights) in most destinations as that is the typical limit of tourist visas.
The monthly invoice is due on the 1st of each month. An invoice will be sent a week before the 1st of each month.
Each month will be billed approximately 60 days in advance. For example, the bill for the month of March is due January 1st.
Late payments are subject to a daily interest rate of 0.35% against the amount owed.
The program fee may fluctuate for each city based on the costs of that city. Our goal is to keep the per person program fee between $5,400 (10% less) and $6,600 (10% more).
The monthly fee is not representative of actual costs in any particular month. Rather, the monthly fee represents the remaining total cost of the program (including additional fixed costs not covered by the enrollment fee) split equally across three months.
As a participant is committing to the entire three month program, the program is not prorated.